Sunday, December 9, 2007

Real Tree = Real Tears

This year my dad insisted on a real Christmas tree, which I'm totally against. For years we've been using a pretty life-like fake tree which I enjoyed helping to put together. Then last year, the top broke, so it was lopsided and now we didn't think we could use it anymore. Well this year my mom thought she had fixed it and that we might be able to use it, and I was excited until my dad insisted on a real tree b/c he didn't think the old one would work.

Downsides to real trees; - Waste of trees (and they wonder why our environment is bad...)
- Awful smell that gives me a headache
- HUGE mess
- Harder to decorate

Upside to real trees; NONE!!!

But even with all of my whining and complaining, he still went out and got one. I haven't even seen it yet and I already hate it. Grr....

On the bright side today, my mom's friend is coming over and we're decorating Christmas cookies! We always have so much fun with that every year! And after that, Kramer and Claire are coming over!

I guess the good out-weighs the bad in this post, but I still don't like that tree....

Getting a headache just thinking about that stupid thing,

Tay

1 comment:

Clay said...

see, personally, i like real trees, but they are a headache to find time to get one for us and then in the end, you have to throw it out b/c pine wood wont burn... but again, personally, i love the spell of a real tree, but i can also see it on the other end how it does ruin the forests. i guess it depends on the person. and you mentioned how it hurts your head, so even just for that part alone could be hard b/c it is for a whole month. sending my sympathy,
-me.