Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer Madness

Our nightly firefly catching has evolved into rousing Uno Attack games! Much more fun, seeing as fireflies began to lose their spark (no pun intended). It's been great seeing these guys again, but I'm going to miss them a lot when they leave Friday morning. I hate it when friends go away. Especially since we won't see these boys until next summer! It just makes me sad.

I miss my other friends too, but I hardly have any time to see anyone. Between my flag corps practices, my lifeguard training, and my family's plans, I hardly have enough time to dress in the morning, let alone plan a gathering of friends! My mom, bro, and I are all going camping with my grandmother until Monday morning. Then the next weekend, I'm going to a local Border's for the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with friends. Then the next morning, I'm going on an overnight camping trip with a bunch of friends. Then the weekend after that, my family and I are leaving for our week long vacation out west.

For those of you out there who have no plans and are complaining about how bored you are, count your blessings. You could end up like me; feeling as if summer is no better than school. Worse even because of the heat! But I'm thankful that I have so much to do. It means that I actually have people who care about where I am and who I'm with! There's always a bright side to everything!

Feeling overwhelmed,

Tay

No comments: